Republican House Speaker John Boehner announced on Friday he plans to use the debt ceiling as leverage to force President Obama to cut spending. We’ll have more details in our special Friday edition of The Last Word, guest hosted by Ezra Klein.
Check out the stories the staff has been reading this afternoon:
- John Boehner: Cut spending with debt limit
- Newt Gingrich warns GOP on debt ceiling
- December jobs report proves the fiscal cliff deal a farce
- House Republicans get around to passing a bit of Hurricane Sandy aid
- Can we Avert the coming debt ceiling crisis with a magic coin?
- Graph of the day: 82 percent of the Bush tax cuts are here to stay
- Former NRA president: Banning assault weapons is like banning people of color
- Pakistani teen Malala who was shot by Taliban leaves British hospital