Tonight, Ezra Klein will play the role of Lawrence O’Donnell in our special Friday edition of The Last Word. We’ll go deep on the budget, the so-called filibuster reform deal and we can’t not talk about Beyoncé at the inauguration.
Here’s a look at some of the stories that caught our attention:
- Sen. Jeff Merkley on the filibuster deal: ‘There are two pieces I’m excited about’
- GOP’s electoral vote scheme likely illegal in Virginia
- Virginia governor opposes scheme to rig electoral college
- Here are all the budget deadlines we’re facing in the next three months
- Mark Kelly, NRA’s Wayne LaPierre to testify on gun violence at Senate hearing
- Congress sees sequester spending cuts as likely in March
- Who had the worst week in Washington? Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.)
- Beyoncé buzz: Did she lip-sync the national anthem?